Soil, Not Methane
Divert your food and plant based waste from the landfill so your waste becomes soil - not methane. Our easy, clean and affordable bucket swap system makes composting a breeze.
How It Works
Every other Tuesday, members drop off full Green Boxes at Green Life Trading Co. in exchange for a clean one.
It’s that easy!
While you're at it, enjoy 10% off at Green Life Trading Co.
Start Composting Today
How much does it cost?
Green Box Membership is $16/month. Membership includes two compost drop offs per month and 10% off your purchase at Green Life Trading Co. when dropping your Green Box off.
I signed up, now what?
Congrats! After you successfully sign up for our exclusive membership you will receive a confirmation email from Green Box Compost. Then, visit us in store and show your confirmation email to one of our Sales Associates. They will then give you your first clean and ready to use Green Box and you are on your way to composting with ease.
Can I sign up for this membership if I can’t make the Tuesday drop off day?
Unfortunately, no. If you cannot make it to our store for the designated drop off window from 11am to 6pm, this program will not be the right fit for you.
Can I skip weeks if I am signed up for the program?
To skip weeks with this membership you will cancel service on the Green Box website and restart service once you are ready to start again. If you cancel service, you will need to return your Green Box to Green Life Trading Co.
When is the deadline to sign up for this membership?
This membership has rolling enrollment and you are welcome to sign up at any time to begin service.
What can I compost?
We have a simple mantra.
If it grows, it goes!
- Fruits, Veggies, Nuts (including pits/seeds)
- Dairy (please no milk/low liquid)
- Meat (including skins and bones)
- Bread, Pastries, Pasta, Rice, Other Grains
- Coffee Grounds and Tea Leaves (looseleaf)
- Yard Waste and Plant Trimmings
- Soiled paper products (with no plastic)
- Compostable Containers/Flatware/Bags with BPI - ASTM D6400 or TUV OK compost HOME certification - email Green Box with a picture of the item and its label for clarification
What can't I compost?
When in doubt, throw it out!
- Plastic, Metal
- Liquids, excessive oils/fats
- Pet Droppings
- Produce stickers/Twist Ties