Sales Associate Job Description
Green Life Trading Co., an independent zero-waste and refill shop in Madison, WI, is seeking a passionate Sales Associate who wishes to grow with our blossoming business. We are looking for part-time Sales Associates who have attention to detail and effective communication skills. Sales Associates are responsible for ensuring that the store is clean and organized, that customers needs are met and that COVID policies are enforced to keep staff and customers safe.
Starting Wage: $12.00/hour
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive, proactive attitude,
- Effective written and verbal communication,
- Excellent organizational skills,
- Maintain a level of professionalism while representing the store,
- Ability to work independently and with others,
- Ability to multi-task and practice efficient time management,
- At least 15-20 hours of flexible weekday and weekend availability during store hours. Must be consistently available on weekends and holidays.
- Basic computer literacy,
- Interest in circular economies and sustainability,
- Previous experience in retail and/or customer service industry preferred.
- Arriving early to open the store, start preparations for the day,
- Leaving late to close the store,
- Fulfilling online orders,
- Assisting with customer questions and processing sales on a POS system,
- Ensuring that the store is clean, organized and fully stocked,
- Performing product demonstrations to customers,
- Enforcing COVID policies like sanitizing and limiting number of customers in the store.
- Part-time/full-time employees are eligible to establish a SIMPLE IRA plan,
- Part-time/full-time employees are eligible for PTO upon three months of employment,
- Bonuses based on green transportation to shifts,
- Opportunities for seasonal and performance-based raises,
- Opportunities for off-site trainings and workshops.
The Sales Associate position can lead to other opportunities within the company, including;
- Social media and marketing,
- Content creation for our website, blog and social media,
- Merchandising/visual display planning and implementation,
- Event planning and implantation,
- Training and coaching of employees.
At Green Life Trading Co, we envision a workplace where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We are dedicated to prioritizing a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different because these differences make us stronger.
To apply, please submit the following to 1334 Williamson Street, Madison, WI 53703 or email email@example.com.
- Desired number of hours per week and availability, including any scheduled vacations
- Cover letter focusing on your interest in sustainability and environmental justice